loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Monday, October 19, 2009

Good old days may be yet to come!

I see I have been AWOL, which is the acronym for Away With Out Leave. That means I just took off and told no one that I would not be typing away in my little journal here. Did not go anywhere. Did not do anything in particular, just did not function like I should have. I do not feel one bit guilty even knowing you are out there thirsting for my wisdom and humor. Which brings me to the point of this missive.

For many years, well about 68 to be exact, I have functioned as others thought I should. I got my diaper changed and ate when momma thought I should. Went to school when teachers thought I should. Married a man because he thought I should, and then tended the babies, because that was expected. Life turned me into a single mother and then it was work, work, work. Later life gave me a wonderful husband who made sure I did not need to do that anymore.

Now, I find myself a widow, with a home and grandchildren and great grandchildren and a lot of time on my hands. I live alone, basically, so my life is pretty simple and my wants are few. I can eat breakfast at 6:00 AM or 2:00 PM. I can take a walk or a nap, depending on my mood. I can make a quilt, weave a tea towel, bake a cake, or just set and watch the ducks and geese. I can go to town or stay home. My choices are endless.

I am at no one's mercy but my own. I know that some day this life of mine will make a "u" turn and I will end up just like I started, but for right now, this moment in time, this is my good old days. Think this depresses me? Think again! Right now I have the whole enchilada and I am going to run with it. :)

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...