loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Well, today is my Happy Birthday. It is 8:30 am and 5 of the 10 kids have remembered. I will be going to the Springs to have lunch with the Pastor and Kay and Frank. Then tonight we will go out to eat at the Chinese food place, so the social ritual of eating is all planned and that is one less chore to do.
Birthdays are necessary, but only as a point of reference, "I got married when I was 19, first baby when I was 21, moved to Colorado when I was 36." Things like that. Some people count the day until the birthday, then count the days after the day. I am not big on that stuff. I usually forget until some one reminds me and then I am showered with gifts, even though I protest that I do not want them.
I really do not want them! There is not a single thing in this world that I can not live with out except for the food and water thing. So today I am inundated with a daughter, grand daughter, her husband and 2 great grandsons. Of course there will be presents and cards in the mail and they will all ask, "How old are you now?" Well, they expect me to remember how old they are, and I am the old forgetful one, so they should be telling me. Course they forgot.
So for posterity sake, I will tell you and that is if I have remembered correctly. I am 68 and holding. About the only memorable thing this year is that I survived it! Oh, yeah, I learned to swim. Been wanting to do that for many years. Still don't go in the deep water, but may stray out there one of these days.
So for now, Happy Birthday to me, and the rest of you have a good day.

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...