loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Why do the llama's run and jump!

Well, a very unusual sight out back this morning. The brown llama was running up and down the field and stopping to jump or buck or somethhng. The brown and white llama stood very still watching the brown llama. Now I have no idea about the sex of these 2 animals so they will be referred to as brown and brown and white.
If horses run and buck, there will be a change of weather. If cattle lay in the field the fish will not bite. I know if the geese or ducks hold real still and all look in the same direction, there is usually something furry over there thinking about duck soup. But this llama thing has me buffaloed.
I know what llama's are used for, kind of any way. To look at their shaggy, ragged coat, you would never guess that here is a fiber that when shorn, washed, combed and spun will make a very soft item to be worn. It is not itchy like wool, but it is a kind of wool. I would love to get my hands on either of these two fellows/girls.
See the irony of the whole thing is, when the man stuck them in the feild right there beside my house, he had no idea that I have in my possession, a basket to wash the fleece, hand carders to card the fleece, a spinning wheel to spin the fleece and 2 looms to weave the yarn!! I further have the knowledge to do all that.
I wonder what the man would think if he came over here and found naked llama's waiting for him?! What would the headline read in the local paper? "Old Lady Strips Llama", "Granny Charged with Fleecing Fleece", "Pulling the Wool Over Brownies Eyes!"
I think I probably would be better served just staying over here in my own yard and watch that silly llama hop around over there. I must learn to keep my mind from wandering.
If you know why llama's behave like they do, please let me know.

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...