loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Monday, September 20, 2010

Love, lust, or indigestion?

http://www.firstgiving.com/loumercer


As some of my loyal readers know,  earlier this year I took my first tremulous steps back in the dating world.  Seven years of widowhood and I thought perhaps it might be nice to have someone to actually talk to, go out to eat with, and do some of the things that "couples" do.

So in typical Lou fashion, I ventured forth into the world of the older single woman.  Now I am here to tell you, that is  nowhere a human should go!  It is very scary. At first it appears very harmless; a coffee date.  Coffee is good.  Then conversation.  Conversation is good. From there it is all down hill.  Got to do it all over again, and again, and again.  Then you got to go on picnics and set there eating cold food thinking of all the things you should be home doing.

Then that whole conversation thing becomes a real bore. How many times can you smile through the tale of "back when I had my own company and I was so successful..."?  Finally you graduate to the hand holding, gazing- in- the- eyes thing and that is when you are close enough to see the nose and ear hair and believe me, that is a real turn off! As if our taste in music, Classical vs. Country; movies, Musicals vs. Cheech and Chong; food, French vs. Red hot scorch your ass Mexican; weren't enough to doom any chance at a relationship!

So guess what?  I am not looking for love, I had that.  The idea of love is wonderful and there are movies full of it and it can move mountains and I think that is just great.  I love the idea of love, and I think it is probably great for a lot of people, but not for me.

Now the lust thing.  That is a whole 'nother kettle of worms by itself.  I hear it is great, just not my thing.  I am too old, too wrinkled and way to arthritic to think I want to try and appear sexy to some old guy who is too old, too wrinkled and too arthritic to appear sexy to me. So let that one just lay there and simmer!

Now to the Indigestion part of this equation!  I can do that and I can do it very well.  I love the Green Chile, Jalapeno and the Habanero.  Now if you think I can not get a good dose of indigestion out of that, you are sadly mistaken!  And you all know when indigestion strikes, love and lust are both left laying alongside the road!  Things of the past, so to speak.
So yesterday I bopped up Union looking for the antique spinning wheel that matches mine.  Got invited to have coffee with some young guy (Which did wonders for the ego!), thanks but no thanks, and then came home. 

This warning to all men out there:
Still got it; ain't gonna' use it!  Eat your heart out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once bittend twice shy

Anonymous said...

Unprejudiced making my oldest send at loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com, which seems to be a wonderful forum!

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...