loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Monday, September 19, 2011

Time to go home, I guess.

Well, look here, I got lonely for you people.  I am on day number 5 and have been having a pretty good time, as good times go, but this morning I heard a goose honk.  Now mind you my bed is in the basement and the house is in a residential area and there are no geese around for many miles.  So methinks it is purely psychological.  I have talked to the boy child only once since I have been here and that was when he called me to tell me he thought someone had broken into the house and stolen the fried chicken he had left in the refrigerator.  Should he call the police?  I told him not to for the simple reason that I have a coded lock and only a few people have the combination.  Well they actually have there own set of numbers.  So when I get home I will just change the code.  I would let him do it, but I might not be able to get in when I get home.
I have known for sometime that some one is creeping around my house, but no one seemed to be alarmed until the chicken disappeared, so go figure.
So Saturday, I worked in the kitchen at  Skaets all day.  That was fun and it brought back a lot of old memories.  Also brought a back ache on and a memory of why I do not want to get back into the resturant business.  That is one of the jobs that shall remain in my past when I was a lot younger.  I seen Vi, Evie, Kay, the house where I used live which is now a vacant lot, the Red Carpet resturant, cousin Sandy and Daryle, but not Stephen.  Do not know when I will see him.  Seems he was out rather late Saturday night and coming home he made a left hand turn into a telephone pole while catching a quick nap.  Luckily the only damage was to his car and thumb. Seems that little thing is now shattered and would like to be put back together.  Oh, the tricks life plays on us!
Now, this evening I am going to sister Dorothy's house and making Green Chile and Burritoes.  Michele is buying what I need, so all I have to do is cook it.  Oh, I have to buy the chiles because they have no idea about that sort of thing.  She got me 2 cans of coffee cause there was a really good sale on it here last week.  Donna and Karen do not eat spicy stuff so they are not dining with us tonight.  Mary is in Wichita and we were going over today, but her son is planning on spending the day with her so I will catch her next time.  I may see if Donna wants to run over to Nickerson this morning and complete my old home week.  Oh, and I have to visit my dad and brother out at Peace Creek.  Mom is just west of town and I will run out there pretty soon.
I looked up the numbers of a couple old boyfriends, but did not write them down.  That one would be really old and the other probably does not even have a guitar any more.  Water under the bridge.  I have been gone from this town for over 30 years and after that much time, people tend to forget.  Well, some of us do anyway.  Apparently , I am not one who forgets easily!  It is kind of sad to drive around town and see all the houses that need painting and upkeep.  Hutch is getting so run down that city council just passed a resolution that the houses that are in bad need of paint and upkeep must be brought up to code or torn down.  City will condemn them if no action is taken.  Sounds like a gestapo action to me, but who am I to say.
I just took a quick peek at AOL to see how many emails I have and I should have not done that.  That is a task I do not even want to undertake when I get home.  But, tomorrow I will.  I plan on leaving here early and stopping in Lakin on my way through for lunch.  So, if you contacted me, I will answer you tomorrow evening.  Wednesday I will get up and go have breakfast with Kay and then be right back in the grind I left.  Sometimes I think I want to move back here.  All my family is here.  My roots are here, but my friends and my heart are in Colorado.  So what to do remains the dilemma.   So until I come to a cross roads, the Ford throws a rod, or God quits giving me choices I guess I will continue to run back and forth and have the best of both worlds.  This way everyone on this end is tickled when "Lou is in town!"  Momma always said that Familiarity breeds contempt and I think there is probably a lot to be said for that statement!

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...