loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Only 5 days and I can get stoned out of my mind....or not!


I want to go on record as saying I have never smoked pot, nor do I ever intend to do that.  Not because I am a prude, but rather because it was illegal.  Now that it is legal, I have other reasons.  I quit smoking cigarettes several years back and that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life!  I will not smoke this little jewel because it might lower my resistance to tobacco and I am not going to jeopardize my quit smoking, never going to smoke again status!  But I am happy this is now legal for a myriad of reasons, but the biggest is, this may open the market to production of hemp products.
You should know that hemp and marijuana are the same, but different.  I use Hemp Butter and Hemp Oil in my face cream and lip balm.   I even eat the Hemp butter  which is made from seeds (like peanut butter) on crackers.  It is loaded with all kinds of  omega's .  I can not extol the virtues of hemp enough. 
Do you remember back in the beginning of this country when our forefathers raised hemp as a cash crop?  Rope was made from hemp and it was the strongest rope that could me found.  I have a couple spools of it which I intend to crochet into a market bag and save a lot of plastic bags.  I am not sure that back in those days the were aware of the high that could be achieved by smoking it.  I do know that hemp in it's natural state is a very reliable and renewable product that can replace wood.  Unfortunately our forefathers decided to worship King Cotton and there was not room for both of them to flourish.  As I understand they both deplete the soil and so need to be rotated and the ground restored. 
Don't get me wrong here, I love cotton.  I am going to learn to spin it if it is the last thing I ever do (and at my age it may very well be the last act).  I am not a scientist, but I have been told by very intelligent people that Hemp/Marijuana must be cultivated and nurtured in order to get the thc or whatever it is that makes you high. ( All these facts I throw at you are coming off the top of my head and no research whatsoever has gone into this article!)
But now we come to the glory of this law in Colorado that takes effect January 1.  Marijuana is big business, but all the harvesters are after is the "bud".  Isn't that wonderful?  This means that the big plants are by products of the cash crop and can be used for ropes, cords, fiber, and any number of things.  Do you follow me on this?  I sure hope so and I hope I am not just whistling in the dark here.  First the state will reap the benefits of the tax on the "recreational marijuana" and then the plants will be made into stuff to sell and the state will get the tax on that! 
As for the recreational part, who knows.  I am willing to bet that this is not as hard on the body and mind as alcohol with its side affects.  Guess we will see.  Just wanted to weigh in on this new law and then set back and see how this plays out. 

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...