loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Please bring back the Pony Express!!!

So as you all know, I sell on ebay and thus use the postal service for delivery.  On orders in the United States I have tracking free.  Buy through ebay and track it righ to the door. Not so on International orders.  Oh, I get a tracking number, but it ends at the edge of the ocean or the Canadian border, so I am used to things diappearing into a customs office and never coming back.  Or if a package arrives at a post office and is not picked up I see it wend it's way back to my door.  But from here to Oregon is pretty much a straight shot, or so I thought!

A lady in Eugene, Oregon bought a book on November 13.  I immediately posted it at my Wedgewood office.  It left there sometime that day and arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah 8 days later.  That must have been one helluva trip  It remained in  Salt Lake City for several days until they got tired of talking to me.  It  then came back to Denver.  After due time it caught a wind and headed out west.

It then spent 2 days flying to Washington.  After spending the night in Federal Way, Washington it spent 2 days flying to Eugene, Oregon.  So 15 days later it arrived on her door step. Below is my tracking record.  

This is a post-only message. Please do not respond.

Lou Mercer has requested that you receive a USPS Tracking™ update, as shown below.

USPS Tracking™ e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 9449009699938911873408

Service Type: USPS Tracking

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered, Left with Individual EUGENE, OR 97405 November 28, 2014 11:58 am
Arrived at Post Office EUGENE, OR 97405 November 28, 2014 8:56 am
Departed USPS Facility FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003 November 26, 2014 2:40 am
Arrived at USPS Facility FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003 November 25, 2014 6:59 pm
Departed USPS Facility DENVER, CO 80217 November 23, 2014 3:00 am
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility DENVER, CO 80217 November 23, 2014 2:21 am
Departed USPS Facility SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199 November 21, 2014 6:55 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84199 November 21, 2014 3:10 pm
Picked Up PUEBLO, CO 81005 November 13, 2014 1:36 pm
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS November 13, 2014


Reminder: USPS Tracking™ by email


Seems like the real vacuum hole seeems to be beween Pueblo, Colorado and Salt  Lake City, but that is not the case.  Only God knows where that thing was.  So after many weeks I was most happy to find this email in my box:


Holy Moley, it's on the correct edge of the country!  lol
Happy Thanksgiving, Lou
:-)  Jeanne

And finally, this one:
EUREKA!!!!  Silly Sally has arrived!
:-)
-Jeanne

Now I just went and checked out the Pony Express and copied what was there for you to read:  The service opened officially on April 3, 1860, when riders left simultaneously from St. Joseph, Missouri, and Sacramento, California. The first westbound trip was made in 9 days and 23 hours and the eastbound journey in 11 days and 12 hours. The pony riders Annual Pony Express Re-Ride covered 250 miles in a 24-hour day.

So am I off base in suggesting that they might bring back the Pony Express?  I figure I could shave a good 3-4 days off my delivery time.  Let me know.

In the meantime, I do hope Jeanne is enjoying Silly Sally.  I want to thank her for being so patient.  Most people would have given up early in the game.  Sure hope to do business with her again.






No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...