loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Friday, March 27, 2015

Debbie and Hammer proudly present the Cozy Cafe in Longton, Kansas.


Longton, Kansas is a step back in time.  This is the Cozy Cafe and everyone at this table is related to me in one way or another.  Front left is my oldest son, Sam.  Then comes Hammer the son in law and across from him is my oldest daughter, Debbie.  Patty and Dona are back there somewhere.  The only two missing is Sue and Bret.   Savannah and Joey are at the other end and fornt and right is my friend Evelyn who traveled with me to Longton.
The cafe has been in operation for the life of the town, I think.  This is Kay, the lady who started it years ago.  See, we used to be able to smoke while we cooked, but not any more.  When she passed her husband sang at her service.  He sang "Angel Flying to Close to the Ground" and Debbie assured me he sounds just like Willie Nelson.

This is her husband,  Richard Claytor.  I got to meet him briefly on my way out the door and headed for Colorado.
This caught my eye and I could see the truth in it!
And of course the obligatory public service announcement.
The menu was simple and very reasonably priced.  Sam wanted to have a talk with them and explain to them that they could make money if they charged more and people would be willing to pay more because it was very good food.  I finally convinced him that it is not Dallas and they are happy in thier small town with small town prices.
Most of the houses are small and not much upkeep happens.  The streets are not paved except for Main Street.
This is the mansion where the fancy prople live.
A barn in down town Longton by the school.
Then we went to Debbie's farm and you can see them towards the end of my youtube rendering.  Just click here












No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...